Green tea is one of the healthiest drink for your body. It is packed with a lot of antioxidants and nutrients that have amazing effects on the body. But many people are not aware of its benefits or its regular intake. Today we will check out all the green tea benefits in this post. Let’s continue to read surprising benefits.
Amazing facts of green tea:
- Green tea is the 2nd largest consumed drink in the world after water
- India is the 2nd largest tea producing nation next to china
- There are varieties of tea ie. green, black, white and all tea come from the same plant
- It fights many cancers in the body ie. lung, breast, stomach and skin cancer.
- India is not amongst the top 20 consumers of tea.
What is the nutritional value of green tea?
Green tea contains phytochemicals and polyphenols flavonoid antioxidants. 1 cup of green tea provides 20- 30 mg of polyphenols(antioxidants). which is so much powerful for your health. Along with antioxidants it also contains 15-30 % of catechin. It contains 4 main catechins substances ie. EC, ECG, and EGGG. Out of it, epigallocatechin gallate(EGGG) is the most powerful catechin. EGGG antioxidants are 50-100 times more powerful than vitamin C and E.
Green Tea Benefits:
According to research studies, more than 180 million Americans are fan following of green tea. So amazing! Obviously, there is something miracle in this tea. You will surprised to see how a cup of green tea can work amazing for overall health ie. Curious to know? Let’s have light on green tea benefits.
1. Improve Brain Function:
Do you know green tea is an amazing drink for improving brain function? See how – The caffeine present in green tea boost brain activity. According to researchers, caffeine has been found to improve alertness, performance, and focus. Apart from caffeine, green tea has also components that make it a brain healthy drink. Out of them, one is L-theanine, an amino acid that removes the blood-brain barrier and increases the activity of the neurotransmitter (GABA) which further reduces the stress and makes you feel amazing.
Also, read BRAIN BOOSTING FOODS
The L- theanine present in green tea can help you feel better by counter the effect of caffeine. That’s so wonderful! Not only this but also rich in polyphenols and antioxidants that can protect our brain from mental decline & reduce the risk of parkinson’s.
2. Fights UTI: Green Tea Benefits
One study reveals that green tea drinkers have a 40 % lower incidence of the urinary tract infection(UTI) than those who don’t drink. Another study reveals that antioxidants in green tea may reduce bladder inflammation.
3. Control of asthma: Green Tea Benefits
Asthma has not a permanent solution. But its symptoms can be controlled. Doctors recommend caffeine and theophylline for this disease and these two are present in green tea and even without side effects. The antioxidants present in green tea boost immunity power. I would suggest to go for green tea to control asthma.
4. Reduce cholesterol:
Green tea is an amazing drink for reducing cholesterol, as researchers reveal that catechins as an antioxidant found in green tea may reduce cholesterol levels.
5. Tooth decay: Green Tea Benefits
Research reveals that catechin in green tea destroys the bacteria and viruses responsible for throat infection and other dental problems.
6. Help in living longer:
Studies reveal that green tea drinkers are likely to live longer than non- green tea drinkers. Obviously, they will because green tea is full of antioxidants that protect us from so many diseases. Automatically leads to living longer.
7. Helps in depression:
As earlier mention green tea contains amino acid l- THEANINE, which helps to release chemicals ie. serotonin and dopamine to fight depression problems. It makes you stress-free & you will feel refresh. According to researchers, caffeine in green tea also plays an important role in removing stress and anxiety.
8. Stimulates digestive health:
Green tea is wonderful to drink for your digestive system. Ask why? The reason first is antioxidants & vitamins B, C, and E promotes digestive health and the second one is it contains catechins that slower the activity of digestive enzymes. hence, Intestine will not absorb all calories consumed and that stimulates weight loss.
Curious to know? Let’s come to know the green tea benefits for the skin.
Oh my god, what an amazing secret of beauty! Continue reading you will get a lot of surprises ahead regarding green tea.
9. Treat sunburn: Green Tea Benefits
You can make green tea as a natural sunscreen. This homemade green tea is 100% natural in removing not only sunburn but also acne, scars, pigmentation easily at home. It’s an anti-aging cream. Let’s get ready to make this miracle cream!
SEE ITS RECIPE:
- Take 2 to 3 tablespoon of rose water or normal hot water in a bowl
- Then you have to dip 1 green tea in this hot water( You can use any green tea)
- After dipping, leave it for a few minutes & then take out the green tea
Also, read GLOWING SKIN FOODS
Now we will add more ingredients to make perfect cream:
- After taking out green tea, add 1/2 tsp sweet almond oil
- Next, add 1 tsp of vitamin E oil ( or use 3 to 4 vitamin E capsules)
- Now add 4 to 5 drops of tea tree oil
- Now mix it well & then add 3 to 4 tsp aloe vera gel
- Then mix well & make it in normal consistency
- Now cream is ready to store it in an airtight container at room temperature for 10 to 15 days.
10. Treat dark circles and puffy eyes:
Late night’s targets and environmental toxins may make your skin around the eyes puffy and full of dark circles.
Let’s see how to use green tea bags
- Take 2 green tea bags and put them in the refrigerator for some time
- Now place them over your eyes around 15 minutes
- Then wash your face
Daily usage of this remedy will not only reduce dark circles but also make your eyes relax, reduce swelling and tighten the skin around eyes.
What About Hair? Does green tea have any solution for them?
Don’t get surprised! Green tea is amazing miracle for your hair. Let’s have a light on green tea benefits of hair.
11. Stimulates Hair Growth:
Dihydrotestosterone (DTH) is responsible for your hair fall and green tea inhibits the growth of DHT. It contains polyphenols and vitamins E and C which helps in promoting lustrous hair.
Also, read HOMEMADE HAIR MASKS
Let’s have look how to use green tea bags for hairs:
- Firstly, take one glass of water in a bowl
- Take a green tea bag & leave it in water for a few minutes
- Now take out the green tea bag from the bowl
- Apply this water in your hair
- Leave it for 20 minutes
- Before applying this shampoo your hair
Can we make green tea at home?
Yes, you can make it at your home. Let’s have a light on the recipe.
- Take some green leaves
- Blend them to make smooth power
- Add 2 cup warm water in the kettle
- Add 2 tablespoon green leaves in warm water
- Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes
- Drink it lukewarm( no need to warm on the stove)
If you have any issue regarding taste the you can add mint leaves.