Welcome back to your own place twinkytalks.com. In my last blog, we have discussed brain food and today I will discuss the glowing skin food. Almost everyone desires a naturally glowing skin. There are so many products or face packs that are available in the market but natural glow can’t compare with the face pack’s glow. Pollution, harmful Ultraviolet rays from the sun, stress and an unhealthy diet can damage your skin further and give you an imbalanced skin tone. Cosmetic products available in the market these days contain harmful chemicals that cause so much damage to your skin instead of making it glowing.
Busy life schedules, late-night sleeping habits, and sun tanning, etc makes your skin dull. The glow of our skin directly depends upon our diet. Oily and spicy food is very bad for your skin. A healthy diet will make your skin glow.
So, here are some glowing skin food
1. Cooked Tomatoes: glowing skin food
Tomatoes are a good dietary source of vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin k.95% of tomatoes contain water and the other 5 % consists of carbohydrates and fiber. Tomato contains lycopene, the phytochemical that makes it red and it helps in fighting the oxidizing effect of UV rays by eliminating skin-aging free radicals. A study in the BRITISH JOURNAL OF DERMATOLOGY found people who eat five tablespoons of tomato paste daily show 33% protection against sunburn.
Tomato Face Mask: for glowing skin
- Take one tomato and two tablespoons of cucumber paste
- Add a tablespoon of honey
- Squeeze all the juice from the tomato and mix it with cucumber and honey
- Apply it on your face for 15 – 20 minutes
- wash it off with lukewarm water
- Use it twice a day
2. Yellow Peppers: glowing skin food
Yellow pepper contains vitamin C that is essential for the growth of skin. The British study shows in the AMERICAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL NUTRITION that people who consumed 4 milligrams of C ( what you ‘d get in a single bite of yellow pepper) daily for 3 years decreased the wrinkles on the face by 11 %.
3. Eggs: glowing skin food
Eggs are one of the most important foods for glowing skin as it contains the beauty vitamin biotin that helps to protect skin from acne, rashes and even dryness. Eggs help in hydrating the skin and it contains amino acids that help in the generation of new skin cells.
Egg Face Mask: for glowing skin
- Take an egg white and beat it
- Add a teaspoon of honey and mix it well
- Apply on your face and leave it dor 30-40 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Then again wash with cold water
- Do this facial at least twice a week to obtain an improved skin tone and a natural glow.
4. Papaya: glowing skin food
The papaya is rich in antioxidants and provides numerous benefits not only for hair but also for the skin. Papaya is the best food for glowing skin. Either you eat it or apply it on your face, it will make your skin naturally glowing. It removes dryness and dullness from the skin. Being a good source of vitamin A, when we applied on skin it helps in removing dead cells. As it is low in sodium content that hydrates the skin. Papaya leaves are also very beneficial.
Papaya Face Mask: for glowing skin
- Cut the papaya into pieces and grind them in grinder
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Apply on your skin and wash it after 20 minutes with cold water.
- use it on alternative days for the best result.
Avocados are a good dietary source of vitamin E and C which is essential for healthy skin. It is also a potassium-rich food. It protects your skin from sun damage. 1/2 an avocado, gives 10% of the daily intake for vitamin E and 17% of daily intake for vitamin C. To get more benefits of glowing skin, apply the avocado mask on the face as it protects you from dry skin.
Avocado Face Mask: for glowing skin
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider
- 1/2 apple peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- mix them all in one bowl to make a paste
- leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water
- Use it twice a week for best results.
6. Green Tea:
Green tea is rich in antioxidants and antimicrobial substances that help in destroying acne-causing bacteria and it protects your skin from antiaging. Green tea is the healthiest drink for skin glow. Studies show that green tea drinkers are likely to live longer than non-drinkers. and it contains powerful antioxidants called catechin. It has burly anti-microbial properties that help in treating the skin problem. It has the ability to remove toxins from the skin.
Green Tea Mask: for glowing skin
- Take 2 green tea bag
- Add 1 and a half tablespoon of honey
- 5-6 drops of lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients well until the texture becomes thick
- Now apply over your face and leave it for 15 minutes
- wash it off with lukewarm water
- Use it once in a week for best results
Dos for glowing skin:
- Use natural cosmetics
- Have some sprouts for breakfast
- Starting your day with multivitamin juice
- Drink milk before going to bed
- Drink 8 glasses of water every day
- Eat food which is good for the liver as the liver is the body’s cleansing agent.
Don’ts for glowing skin:
- Do not drink too much coffee or tea
- Avoid too much salt or spice
- Avoid chemical-based products on your skin.
- Have a good eating habit. Take your meals on time
- Always take 8 hours sleep
Frequently Ask Questions( FAQ)
Basically, you need to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day( minimum 2 liters ) to keep your body healthy and for glowing skin. It keeps your skin healthy by removing all unwanted toxins. Always keep your water bottle with you.
cut the pieces of gooseberry and dry them in the sun.
put them in a container and eat them
This is the best way of eating gooseberry.